Saturday, August 20, 2011

Bitsy Girl Card


I just love this card I made this morning! The lady peeking out from under the lace seems so confident and interesting. The metal hanging piece is part of an earring (you know, the ones you hang on to hoping to find the match someday).

At the bottom is a piece of copper wire that I found in my stash and curled into a swirl. I used a pencil to start the curling and then gave that idea up and went looking for my jewelry pliers. Presto! I had a cute little embellishment to offset the hanging one.

I love the rest of the collage, using bits of handwriting and other ephemera. And of course, bits of ribbon and lace!

The question is... is she a Flapper ...
      or a Victorian girl looking for her beau?
                                          
Stop back by soon!


3 comments:

  1. Thank you! This card was so much fun to make! Thanks for joining my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a beautiful card. I love all the elements, especially the lace. Do me a favor and mention that you joined "Portraits" challenge at the Cheerful Stamp. Also, thanks for becoming a follower of my site.

    ReplyDelete