Tuesday, August 30, 2011

Gotta Gather Up My Courage

Okay, I am giving myself a blogging challenge. I want to make friends in this new town of Blogville. I have made a few, but I want to see how others create their art, dream about wonderful shabbychic porches, fill my imaginary built in bookcases by watching others do it first.

So, with that said, a wise blog friend has been encouraging me to enter Parties and Blog Hops.  First of all, I am way too old to do much partying and as for hopping... well that did not sound like something anyone would want to see me do. Of course, I began to get it. The idea, anyway. I create all the time, my Etsy store is up and running, it is time to ride down Main Street in Blogville and wave my hand like a Parade Princess.

This is what happened last week. I found a challenge that I liked; Tag Tuesday at http://bellesouth-blogchallengegarden.blogspot.com . The rules were :

Our tag this week will feature the letter A, and an image of something beginning with A. I know we all think of apple, but try to have an image of something else instead of apple! Let's see how many different ideas we can have for A!

A. Apples. No, not apples, against the rules! A. Alpha. The beginning. What a great way to start! I can do this. So I thought for a while and I made this tag:



But... (you knew there was a but coming, right)? I did not submit it. Yep, that's right. I am a chicken crafter. Hmm. Might be a slogan there. 

This week, the challenge is about Hearts. I HAVE a heart! So I challenge myself to stop creating art that I do not submit. Whoohoo! 




2 comments:

  1. No more excuses. You create BEAUTIFUL work. The book and the tags are lovely. Come on in, the challenge water is fun!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Mary, I am way late answering you, but your post spurred me into submitting my first tag! Thank you!

    ReplyDelete