Saturday, August 27, 2011

Pink Wildflowers



Desmodium Canescens- 
The common names of Desmodium Canescens are Beggar’s Lice and Tick Trefoil. This pretty little flower is best known for the tiny sticky seed pods that cover your ankles and clothing during late summer and early fall. Before the plant dries out and becomes a treat for birds and deer, it blooms with lovely, delicate pink blossoms.

This is the nice little description that I put inside my handmade wildflower cards. What is NOT so nice about this pretty little plant is the sticky seed pods are just awful! Anyone who has gone tramping through the woods anytime after August knows exactly what I am talking about. They are a pain, they stick to everything, and you have to pull them off one by one. But isn't it a pretty pink flower before it turns nasty?! 

You can find more about my wildflower adventures here: Mid Missouri Wildflowers . 

On a side note, I want to say thanks to my new friend Laurie over at Button Floozies for the incredible email help she has given me about starting a blog and learning the ropes. She was so gracious to spend her time sending me information, tips, and ideas about traffic building.  

And here we go! I am participating in my first Linky Party! Pink Saturday. Whoohoo!

7 comments:

  1. Glad you joined the rest of the pink gang for Pink Saturday. I enjoyed visiting and love that pink photo you shared.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These look like wild sweetpeas.. Very pretty card

    ReplyDelete
  3. Elaine, I thought so too! I just know my mother called them sweetpeas! But when I looked them up, that is what I found. Hmmm. Going to have to look into this. Thanks to you and also to LV for stopping by!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, they remind me of the sweet peas I had on the top of my wedding cake so many years ago! Lovely Pink Saturday post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks, Sarala! What a great name!

    I think I might just start calling these sweet peas on my next note card set. Stay tuned...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh I know these sticky flowers! They are pretty though. Thanks for following my blog!

    ReplyDelete