Thursday, September 1, 2011

A Peek Into my Soul

There is just something about images- especially Victorian ones- that calm my mind. The whole time period is enchanting. I am sure I would make a great Victorian lady, propping my feet up on a footstool and drinking tea. Yes, I know times were hard then too, and I would really miss a computer there, but those things are not present in my Enchanted Victorian World. I would have a lap dog and a gorgeous cat sitting on the window sill. Oh, and it would never get hot because I would miss the AC!


If you have read my earlier posts, you know I love paper. Sometimes, when I make cards and collages and tags, the elements fall right into place. Most of the time, however, it takes time. Time for me dig through my bling boxes and shuffle through paper. The ribbon choices are tough! So, with that said, I have met my challenge, and am submitting my very first tage for the world to see outside of my blog. Hang on Blogville, the parade is about to begin!


Here is a tag I made for the Tag Tuesday challenge at Blog Challenge Garden. The only "rule" was that a heart was the main focal point. It took a while, and layers of paper and Modge Podge, but I stopped changing it, took a picture, and here you go! If you like it, please pop over to the Garden and look at others. There are some amazing artists there! 





10 comments:

  1. Lovely! Aren't challenges fun? Mary posted her September challenge today over at Green Paper -- it's going to be a fun one, too!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Welcome to Tag Tuesday! Your tag is beautiful. Have a great weekend. I'm one of your new followers. Linda

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, Ladies, thank you so much! I am thrilled to see that all of you like my work. It just makes me feel like I am doing something right! And Laurie... my mentor...thanks!

    Linda...welcome! I am on the way to your and Becky's blogs now. Already wandered through Petra's... lovely!

    I am so happy to be joining such a group of talented artists!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well done, Bitsy - you stopped at the right time!
    Thanks for playing!!

    Rebecca

    ReplyDelete
  5. Belle, you know what, that is a terrific comment for me! Thank you! It feels so good to just put my work out there now :-)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW, that an amazing tag. Your layered background a so perfect and matches the lovely heart. Great work.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hellemor, thank you so much! I love your style. I went to your site and joined... was fun to have google translate it from Danish for me! Don't be sad about remnants and bits... I wish I knew how to work a swap, I would love to take them off your hands and give you some new things!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thank you Rebecca as well. I was making sure I had joined the blogs that appealed to me, and did not know I was in the presence of Challenge Royalty! (drops a curtsy). Have a groovy day, can't wait to make my new tag, and I am so glad I found your blog!

    ReplyDelete